Battery question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DDar, Oct 10, 2008.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

I'm aware that if you leave a battery charging for too long, the battery life will eventually start to degrade. So, I was wondering, once it turns green, should I immediately disconnect it from the power source? Is it okay to leave it connected?
    I like to keep it connected because I go through about a cycle a day since I take it to school for notes and computers class and use it for about 6 or so hours until the battery runs out.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Leave it plugged in and save your self the stress and headache. The system will not charge it until it drops below 95% or so. And that doesn't really hurt it.

3. Habusho macrumors 6502

Yeah, having to time the damn recharges to disconnect gets a little annoying. I still do that with my cell phones but with a Mac I think it does only recharge after the battery goes down a certain point. Your battery might last a little longer by doing this but the hassles isn't worth it imo.

4. portent macrumors 6502a

The green light means it's NOT charging.

If batteries continued to charge past the full point, they'd explode. That's why every rechargable battery made in the last twenty five years or so has had an automatic shutoff.

This includes your cell phone, your laptop, your digital camera, and the $10 charger you bought for your remote control model car back when you were a kid.