battery question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by deraj090, Feb 20, 2010.

1. deraj090 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Just got a macbook unibody 2.26 2gb ram. I charged the battery as recommended, leaving it on an extra 2hrs after fully charged. I'm at about 1/2 brightness, not running anything except wifi, and showing 5:31 left directly after taking if off the charge.

Is this normal?
    Thanks!

2. celticpride678

That is a pretty good battery time. I don't know why you are complaining.

3. cmaier macrumors G3

4. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

agreed -- i wasn't complaining, just questioning. either way, that number has been fluctuating drastically, so no worries. i think i'll get close to 7hrs on this battery charge.

is it bad to keep the AC plug connected most of the time? or do i really need to charge it all the way, and let it drain all the way continuously?

5. cmaier macrumors G3

I believe most people suggest keeping it plugged in is fine, but once in awhile (say once a month) do a full discharge.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

You'll note the estimated battery life fluctuate widely based on any number of things: display brightness, apps running, WiFi/Bluetooth on or off, etc. On a full charge, I've shown anything from 2:30 to over 10:00 depending on those variables, and it will raise or lower as things are added or removed from the mix.

As far as battery calibrating, here's the guidance from the source.

7. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the link.

a question: the computer has been plugged in since last night -- It shows as fully charged, but then says (99%). What does that mean? How can it be fully charged, but only at 99% capacity?

Thanks,
    Jared