Battery Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sunny2960, Nov 27, 2012.

1. sunny2960, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

sunny2960 macrumors newbie

Hey MacRumors!

I have had my MacBook Pro 13" for about 4 months or so, and the battery is starting to get bad already! What should i do with the battery? I usually always keep it on the plug when I'm (EDIT) am using it, but it seems this isn't really helping the battery. :( [​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. sunny2960 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've read through it and followed insttuctions, but feel my battery keeps getting worse and worse.

----------

In a matter of minutes...

[​IMG]

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As I said, it will fluctuate both up and down over time. If it drops below 80%, have Apple check it out to see if your battery is defective. They're unlikely to even look at it above 80%.

5. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

Try to calibrate your battery and see what happens. 88% after 75 cycles is not bad but not good either.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

7. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

It comes already calibrated, but it doesn't mean that the batteries can't go out of sync. I calibrated my battery, and it went from 96% pre-calibration to 92% post-calibration. Apple doesn't say or write that you should NOT calibrate your batteries, they just say that it's not necessary.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's exactly what I stated.

9. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

Right, but if problems like the above arise, it wouldn't hurt to try.

10. teribithia macrumors member

teribithia

In your photo the battery is ok, after used 75 cycle your battery lose 12% capacity, also a battery charging cycle is 500-700 cycles.

Maybe the 75 cycles is not fully charge/discharge cycle.

Take it easy all you need to attention is battery using time.:):):)