Battery questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alpha04024, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Alpha04024 macrumors newbie

Well, I finally have my new mbp. It's my first laptop and I wonder what should I do to have a healthy battery :eek: I have no idea if it's better charge it to 100% and then wait til it's 0% and charge again and so or if I have to do something special the first time I charge it or whatever. Sorry but I have no idea what to do :S

Thanks! :)

2. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Apple has recommendations on how to maintain the battery on their support site here.

MacDann

3. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

I find it is the healthiest for all my electronics(apple and nonapple), to fully charge and fully discharge the battery with every use. Maybe not take it down to zero everytime but take it down under 10%.

4. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

I was under the impression that running batteries down to zero for the full recharge was not the recommended course of action. Perhaps thats just my experience with MacBook batteries, running to zero in my macbook has been problematic. (my current battery must have a portion of it that is beyond dead, as I am currently rocking only 70% capacity)

5. Alpha04024 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for every post, I'll charge and discharge as apple says and let's see how it works :D

See u