battery questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by billyjoegibsonx, Dec 2, 2008.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

hi

i've found that i get on average 2 days of battery life with my iphone before i have to recharge it up.

im just wondering, if i keep 3g enabled, even when im not using it for internet/mail/weather etc. will this drain my battery faster? or does it just affect the battery when im using it to access internet,mail,weather etc ?

am i alright if i leave it enabled or will i have a better battery life if i just enable it when i need it ?

another question:

having the push data & location service enabled, will this drain my battery quicker? and should i only enabled it when i need it ?

thank you :)

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I think enabling 3G is a bad idea if you really dont want 3G at all. I think the iPhone software is programmed to keep searching for the best data signal all the time, so i think disabling 3G will help the batttery if this is true.

And yes push data will drain your battery, as the iPhone is constantly updating your e-mail account.