Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rantzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Does this need to be done? Will a restore wipe out the battery stats of the previous firmware?

oscsjc

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2011
Does this need to be done? Will a restore wipe out the battery stats of the previous firmware?

I'm not sure, but it worked for me. I had lousy battery life when I got my ip5. Did the restore, and battery life improved greatly.

rantzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
I'm not sure, but it worked for me. I had lousy battery life when I got my ip5. Did the restore, and battery life improved greatly.

What i meant was doing battery recalibration AFTER restore, and not whether a restore is advisable to improve battery :p

Do the battery stats get wiped after a restore? Does anyone know?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
What i meant was doing battery recalibration AFTER restore, and not whether a restore is advisable to improve battery :p

Do the battery stats get wiped after a restore? Does anyone know?

Battery stats as in the cycle count and stuff? Then No, those won't get wiped after restore.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
I don't think they will. The battery level is reported by the battery itself, the battery contains electronics that manage the battery, control charging etc. Through use, this usage is better reported to the OS as the electronics 'learn' your usage.

rantzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Ah so I guess the correct question will be

Will a restore clear away all that the iPhone has learnt with regards to usage patterns? Because after a restore the batt seems to be performing at levels right out of the box the first time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.