Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rinseout

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Hi,

Last week I put in the request for the iBook/PB battery recall. It was approved and I got the email saying to expect a battery to be delivered in 3-5 business days.

It has been longer than that now, and no sign of a battery. I'm in Canada, and am in the unfortunate situation of having to work during the day and cannot receive packages at work.

Just wondering:
1. Who is delivering the batteries?
2. Do they leave a call tag? (I know FedEx and CP does, not sure about Sameday).
3. Is there some way to find out the tracking info on my battery?
4. Has anybody waited longer for their batteries (maybe they need to clear customs?)

I'm just concerned that Sameday might be doing the deliveries, and am not sure they know what they're doing (they once called me to ask how to get to my address, even though I live right in the middle of the City).

rinseout

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
oh dear

over on Apple support forums somebody said the delivery people left the new battery on the front door step. that's really not such a great idea in my neighbourhood, what with the speed freaks and scavengers.

i'm starting to worry!

rinseout

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
whew

rinseout said:
over on Apple support forums somebody said the delivery people left the new battery on the front door step. that's really not such a great idea in my neighbourhood, what with the speed freaks and scavengers.

i'm starting to worry!

So I called Apple Support (Canada) up, and he was able to get the Purolator reference number for me. It turns out they made a delivery attempt, but for whatever reason I didn't get a call tag. My battery has been chilling out for five days at Purolator!

Whatever. I'm just glad that Apple knew the tracking number, and that Purolator didn't leave it to be preyed upon by the local speed freaks! I'm off to get my battery!

rinseout

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
haiggy said:
I find it funny how you solved your own problem and up until now the only posts made were by you... :eek:
haha well i try. i had to get it sorted because i was starting to really worry that the speed freaks were trying to pawn my battery or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.