Battery Related Tom Tom question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by lukeyyyyy, Mar 20, 2011.

1. lukeyyyyy macrumors member

Will be looking at purchasing the Tom tom app for work, I will be using it for between 3 and 5 hours per day in total, around 20mins at a time,

My main concern is how long will the battery last whilst using the tom tom app?

I know theres the option of using the in vehicle chargers but in some case's i will not be able too,

thanks in advance

2. Raheelanwar89 macrumors newbie

I would have to say its going to take quite a lot of your battery juice out if you use it for 3-5 hours. I went to San Antonio last week and after about 15 or so minutes with tomtom on i lost 5-6% i believe. This was at around 70% brightness.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

you're going to take a significant hit. I'd suggest getting a external battery case.

4. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, it is a significant drain on the battery. At some point you will have to plug in to recharge. Also, when you get to your destination, be sure and shut it down in the multitasking bar or it can still be a drain on your battery.

6. lukeyyyyy thread starter macrumors member

Many thanks for the responses guys, I feel i can now make an informed descion on which route will be best for me,

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I use Navigon on my iPhone and I can see it taking a hit on my battery when I use it. I have the luxury of using a charger in the car, but if that's not available to you. You'll see Tom Tom taking a big bite out of your battery.