Battery replaced, now mic don't work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esadb, Nov 21, 2015.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

So a few weeks back I had to replace the battery in my iPhone 5C as it was not holding charge anymore for a long time. So I picked up a battery from ifixit. I replaced that and then the lower microphone did not work anymore. After trying to check the internal I figured maybe I busted the MIC on the phone so I went and picked up a phone with a busted screen to be the donor for the microphone.

So after taking the microphone from that phone to put into my I still didn't have a working microphone at this point i assumed it was the logic board that was toast.

So I took my screen put it on the phone that had a busted screen, and the microphone still did not work. I find it hard to believe that both microphones are busted.. If I tap with my palm very hard where the microphone is I can hear it pick up some stuff but it sounds muffled.

Can someone help me out here, the phone itself works fine if I put it on speaker phone, SIRI works, FaceTime works etc. Just the bottom MIC does not work. Voice memos don't record.

Any help on this issue?

2. KAMB macrumors 6502

Were you grounded when you took apart your phone?

I use to work security at a mall and this was a common problem with the kiosk.