Battery replacement for Iphone on Canadian Apple site!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imapfsr, Jun 7, 2008.

1. imapfsr macrumors regular

imapfsr

Maybe someone can confirm if this was there before but I have never seen it. Could this be some kinda hint?
    http://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/replacements.html
    Let me know what you think. I can only hope. Notice the tabs at the top still do not show an Iphone yet. Also, if you click on the link for the Applecare for Iphone it says Hmmmm. Not found. Interesting

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

A hint for what?
    that the new phone will have a user replacable battery? - No
    that there will be an iPhone in Canada? - maybe

3. imapfsr thread starter macrumors regular

imapfsr

Hey Drum,
    I was simply stating that this could mean an Iphone for Canada as why else would Apple Canada have that on their site. I wasnt looking for a smart a** remark or trying to state it may have a user replaceable battery. Just pointing out the fact that it is there.

4. Yue Fairchild macrumors newbie

I thought iPhone was already confirmed for Canada...

5. imapfsr thread starter macrumors regular

imapfsr

I am not sure if it is 'confirmed' yet but this would be the first proof (if you would call it that) that I have seen. I am hoping though. There has been talk but no hard evidence as of yet.

6. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

The iPhone is already slated to be released in Canada "soon".

Rogers, the only GSM carrier in the country, released a statement about a month and a bit, possibly 2 months ago regarding the iPhone.

link one | link two | link three

7. imapfsr thread starter macrumors regular

imapfsr

I was hoping that due to the fact that it was on Apple's site that maybe we would be able to order it directly from Apple.

8. jimishjoban macrumors member

Yup.. Very true... Its surely launching in Canada...

Also, if you look at source code of that page... you will see an entire section on Iphone commented... They are all setting it up so that once Steve announces the Iphone... all websites will have new Iphone stuff..... Its coming and coming very very soon!!!!!!!

9. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

The iPhone has been confirmed by Rogers to be available in Canada later this year. Hint: Later. Meaning Rogers may not have it when it's released in the States because we all know Rogers sucks. Anyways, we do not know price and the price for the plans yet or if we are going to be getting the same plans as the States (I wish).

10. marksubishi macrumors newbie

if or when the iPhone comes to canada, it won't be released for at least 2 months.

when the first generation iPhone came out, it took a while for it to move to all sorts of carriers.
    not to mention that rogers is hardcore RIM, so making convenient data plans to accustom both RIM and (maybe) iPhone users will take some time too.

Don't hold your breath for a summer release - i'm venturing to US to grab a 3G well in advance - if anything, expect around november-ish..

11. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

In no way was I trying to make response negitive. When I read the title I simply thought there could have been 2 statements made, and I simply answered what I thought was appropriate.