iPhone 7(+) Battery replacement question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doboy, Sep 29, 2018.

1. doboy macrumors 68020

Just wondering, would Apple replace my 7+ battery for $30 even if the capacity is around 91%? I may want to take advantage of the cheaper rate since I plan to pass down my 7+. Thanks.

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

There's no capacity requirement this year under the discounted battery replacement program.

3. doboy thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for that info. Thought it needed to be below 80%.

4. scotsmandc macrumors regular

That's where you would get a free battery replacement if you were still within warranty or have ac+.

5. doboy thread starter macrumors 68020

Cool. Thanks!

6. Dwood1970 macrumors regular

Just make sure to do it before the end of the year.

7. doboy thread starter macrumors 68020

Yup. I know price goes up to like $50 ;) Thanks

8. karmatourer macrumors 65816

karmatourer

They replaced my 6S+ battery this week and capacity was 89% with just 177 charge cycles. They broke the camera and gave me a refurb replacement with a 90 day warranty.
    As soon as I saw the tech walking toward me with a box,I knew I was getting a replacement. He was apologetic and asked if needed help transferring things and I said I was fine and thanks.

9. Five_Oh macrumors regular

Five_Oh

Took my son's SE in for the cheap battery replacement about 5 months ago. It did not seem to perform any better than the old battery. He recently told me it would not turn on, and when I took a look at it, the battery had obviously expanded, pushing the display up from the frame in the middle.

Seems like we got a defective replacement battery. Took it to Apple, new phone (refurb) within 10 minutes. Great customer service, as I have always experienced.

10. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

I just had two battery replacements as I’ll be away from any Apple stores for a few months. The 6S was at 86%, the 8 at 88%. No problem other than the WiFi antenna broke on my 8 which meant I received a “new” phone.