Battery replacement recommendations (3G)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sonoran, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Sonoran macrumors member

My 3G is 14 months old & the battery is not lasting like it used to. I have read all the tips on how to lengthen battery life and I am doing everything right.

I am looking for a reliable company to replace my battery. Anybody have good results getting their replaced?

I am not a "do it yourself" guy so that option is out.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

There are several iPhone battery replacement options you have. Some options are Apple ($86 w/shipping) iResQ ($40 w/o shipping), Milliamp ($20 w/o shipping), Mission Repair ($40 w/ shipping) and many others. These are the most popular services. I have not used all of them but can tell you that I have been recommended to iResQ by Apple Geniuses for out of warranty repairs that Apple doesn't offer or if it would be cheaper. I can also assure you that you won't be upset with Apple's service and repairs. I have gotten my iPhone screen replaced and a few other repairs done to my Apple products in the past and they are extremely reliable and get the job done fast. They may be the most expensive service but you aren't taking the risk you might have with the other services. Also, when I got my screen replaced on my iPhone, I was in and out of the store with a fresh screen in less than 20 minutes. The Genius took my iPhone in the back and got it done fast. I didn't have to send it to a repair store, have it repaired and wait for it to come back–I couldn't do that. If you end up going through with the repair, please let us know what service you used and a brief review on it. We'd all appreciate the feedback.

DPA

3. Sonoran thread starter macrumors member

Thank you DPA. I appreciate the feedback. I noticed yesterday that Other World Computing (www.macsales.com) offers battery replacement on 1G iPhones. Gotta call them & ask some other questions.

Thanks again.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

No problem Sonoran.

Please let us know how your experience with your final choice goes as we'd love to hear your advice. Thanks!

DPA