battery replacement

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chrismc, Sep 11, 2010.

1. chrismc macrumors newbie

I just replaced the battery in my 1st generation 8gb touch and closed it back up, it does not turn on, the soldering seems close to perfect. Maybe the battery was sent with no charge, when I plug it in to a charger the apple symbol comes up like it wants to boot up but after three or so seconds it goes off. If I push the power button the symbol does the same thing.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks
    Chris

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Are you sure the soldering is perfect? Might you have shorted something?

3. chrismc thread starter macrumors newbie

As I see no solder touches more than 1 wire. the wires on the new battery were a little longer but it didnt seemed to be too squished in.

4. wootwootman macrumors member

maybe the heat from the soldering iron killed your ipod. its possible you left it on the board just long enough to fry a component somewhere

5. chrismc thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean we left time in between soldering, and felt the ipod all over it never seemed hot.

6. wootwootman macrumors member

are you sure the battery is for that specific ipod? i dont really have any experience with iGuts so thats about all i can think of

7. chrismc thread starter macrumors newbie

8. chrismc thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it's going back under the knife, just gonna redo the soldering, I dont know how it might help but oh well, if it doesnt work hello 4g a little early.

Note: when doing battery replacement the tools they give you are a one time thing, they are really soft plastic ( which protects ) but youve got one shot. I opened it the second time with a tiny flathead screwdriver.