battery replacement

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tangokim, Apr 16, 2012.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Nope and nor would I !

I have no confidence in 3rd party batteries and in actions that would invalidate any remaining warranty.

I would choose to stay safe and pay that bit more for a professional Apple Engineer to replace it with an original.

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Have you ever seen what happens when one of those batteries has a catastrophic failure? Might want to look at some YouTube videos before you put one of those next to your head.

3. /user/me macrumors 6502

4. tangokim thread starter macrumors member

oh lord, ty all.....:) ill stay away from this after watching youtube.....

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If you are out of warranty then it's ok to try.

It's not like Apple's batteries are perfect. There are numerous cases where 3GS's battery expand and explode. iPod nano needed a worldwide exchange because its battery expands and explode.

6. OSUengineer macrumors member

I would defffff not get that one, It is more expensive and uglier than other ones that look stock and they are lying about the capacity.

The battery says 3.7v (like a normal li-po) and 5.25 watt-hours so 5.25/3.7=1420mah which is the same as the stock iPhone. I have some from amazon that were around 5 bucks and look like a factory replacement.

With lipo batteries, if they start to puff at all you need to get away from them and replace them. I know from rc hobby stuff. I had a couple $500 boats nuclear out on the water. :(