iPhone 6(S)(+) Battery replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Corgirat, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Corgirat macrumors regular

Does anyone know if Apple changed their battery supplier or manufacturer in between 2015 and 2018? I just got a replacement done yesterday on 6s plus at apple store and want to know if the new battery batches they are getting are any better compared to original ones from few years ago.

2. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

Don't know for sure, but my 6s was purchased new shortly after launch in 2015 and the original battery seemed to degrade rather quickly, fortunately I got a free replacement from Apple in December 2016 under the 6s battery replacement program and my new battery seems to be degrading at a much more normal speed. I get the impression that their may have been some QC issues with batteries during the initial launch of the 6s series, but I don't know if they have switched manufacturers or just improved their QC practices. That said I've sure they've had to ramp up battery production for older series of iPhones to meet the demand of the discount battery replacement program this year so hopefully the quality hasn't slid in order to meet the demand!

3. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Apple uses several suppliers including but not limited to Samsung, LG, TDK/ATL, and Lishen.

4. Corgirat thread starter macrumors regular

After the lawsuit for the throttling, *if* there was any possibility that the original batteries had any quality issue, I hope they improved them so we know that the replacements we are getting now are better ones

5. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

I doubt it. Them giving battery replacements at $29 was a good will gesture and a one time deal. All batteries will fail eventually and their life is determined by many factors.