Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by callmemike20, Apr 10, 2008.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I remember seeing something on the forums (can't find it now) about acquiring a replacement battery from apple. iStat Pro currently says I have 78% health (was 8x% a few days ago) and only 41 cycles. That just doesn't seem normal. I do recall it being at 96% after only 2 cycles when I first got it back in september. If I go to the apple store, will they just give me a replacement on the spot? Do they do some testing first?

2. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

Call apple, set up a claim number. Then go to the store as well. The store will see your claim number and would be more likely to replace it. This is all dependent though on how old your battery is. If it is over a year old, they will not replace it. Apple will prob ship you a battery before they up and replace it in the store. It just depends on how hard you put your foot down. If you are persistent they will break down. Put up a fight!

this is all based on previous situations i have been through with apple. Situations vary.

3. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Alright, cool. I've been having a few issues with my macbook pro, so maybe I can bring that up too. When my mbp is plugged in and I close the lid to go into sleep mode, and then open it again, it is still in sleep. Then when I close it, it sounds like it wakes up.

4. Maccleduff macrumors regular

I have the same issue, bought my mbp last sept 07, 31 cycles and my battery is down to 78%, which surely cant be normal.

I will take it into apple store if it doesnt improve, let us know how you get on with your replacement. :)

5. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I will be sure to keep you updated. I was going to go earlier today, but it rained all day here in Chicago. I'll probably end up going tomorrow.