Battery Replacements?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Link2999, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

As long as the Macbook Pro is under warranty, can I get new batteries? I mean if the charge capacity goes down. I know on my old HP I was able to get yearly battery replacements, not too sure about Apple's policy.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have less than 80% health (battery capacity) in less than 1000 cycles in the first year of the purchase, then Apple replaces the battery. After that, you're mostly out of luck.

3. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sounds good, I've had good luck with Apple Customer support in the past and I can just say that the charge isn't holding like it used to and they'd probably replace it then.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Yeah, and my iMac isn't surfing the way it used to so they will replace my iMac with a new one I bet!!:rolleyes:

Download CoconutBattery and check to see the % of battery life and cycles and you will know if they will do something based on the stats above.

Spinnerlys- is this official Apple Policy and is it stated someplace on their support site?

5. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not like that, I mean I've already noticed that my brand new MBP's battery isn't 100%, I'm getting 7ish hours at half brightness running nothing while my previous defective (Dead pixel MBP) got 8-9ish hours. Besides it's just the battery, not the entire computer.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I haven't found any official documentation besides this.

The 80% and the first year of purchase is just extrapolated from reading this and the AI and AN boards for the last five years.

7. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Ok, so it isn't my whole computer- my iMac HD just isn't saving as many digital pics as it used to!:rolleyes::D

Just kidding ya!

Anyway, just check the life of the battery cause apple will do the very same thing that Coconut battery does and tell you ya or nay.