Battery Saving Tips?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rdunlap, Sep 28, 2016.

1. rdunlap macrumors regular

I just recently bought my S0 Apple Watch Sport 42mm and I'm looking to see what other people do to get the most out of their battery life without really sacrificing the overall functionality of the Apple Watch. these could be the best face, complications you use, brightness, raise to wrist setting etc.

Being new to this device I want to get some experienced tips and tricks from people who have owned these units for a while now.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I keep mine cut off 100% of the time and I'm getting an amazing 1 month battery life. :eek:Very please with my results.

3. Bob190 macrumors 6502

I have owned a Series 0 watch since April 2015, and now a Series 2. The best tip I can give is ... don't worry about battery life .. just charge it every day or whenever it needs charging. I will add that I wear my watch 22.5 hours a day which includes a workout of an hour+ and sleep tracking. The other 1.5 hours it is on the charger.

I don't think my watch has ever gone into power save mode.

You are pretty much going to have to charge it every day, so whether you get 19 hours or 22 hours of battery life it is kind of immaterial.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

So your saying my battery saving method is NOT necessary? A year and a half and now you tell me to just use it and not to worry.:eek::D:D

5. stonefeet macrumors regular

stonefeet

6. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Have you ever left your iPhone on the charger and if so what happened?

8. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

No, I have not. Also, do you have to be such a douche about it? I came here to join the community and get some help after I picked up my new product. You can save the sarcastic comments for some place else.

9. Julien, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  10. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Best tips for me are to only have background refresh on for apps that really need it. Maybe weather and sports and similar. Screen brightness is another big one. If you are like me and use modular with 5 complications and a dock with 10 apps, make sure they are OS3 compatible. Ignore not using it to workout as that is one of the reasons I use my Apple Watch a lot. Typically burn 10% per hour for the workout app - no GPS on my watch. Turn off wrist raise during workouts unless you want to check pace and similar. Cover the watch face after checking to save some battery life when you touch to activate. I have the longer setting when pressed and I always cover when done.

Just ideas. Don't worry too much about battery. Occasional power offs and put on the charger will turn it back on. For some reason I get a faster drain randomly and I just power off and then put on the charger that night before wearing to bed.

11. ccrgt macrumors regular

12. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for the tips. I really appreciate it!