Battery says 100% but it's not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Primejimbo, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I tried looking for this, but not sure what it is.
    When I am charging my iPhone and use it, I get this and I'll either unplug it or restart my phone and it's fine. Anyone else have this issue?
    If you see the battery indicator in the upper right had corner is showing 100% charged, but the "wake up screen" shows it's not. I know it's not charged because it was only plugged in for 5 minutes and and I was at 20% when I started to charge it.
    It doesn't happen all the time, but annoying.

Attached Files:

• -3.jpg
      -3.jpg
      File size:
      22.9 KB
      Views:
  2. milani macrumors 68000

milani

It's a common problem. The graphic at the top freezes and so it won't ever change even though your phone is going down. I must admit I've never seen it freeze on the plugged in battery image, though.

3. jason221 macrumors 6502

It is possible that your phone was dangerously warm and that the charger sensed that and stopped charging until the phone cooled. It's a safety measure.

<secondguessing>...Unless I am just going crazy and that doesn't exist, but pretty sure it does.</secondguessing>

4. andus macrumors newbie

i have had the same problem... it wont charge either..
    and it gets really hot too.

Attached Files:

5. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

Maybe. I am talking on the phone, on Facebook or google maps when this happens.

Are you doing anything as it's charging?

6. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Totally unrelated, but I really like that battery info screen. What app is it from, if you don't mind my asking?

7. iphonehk macrumors member

I have the same problem too. It just stays hot and not charge. But it does not happen often. So I just unplug and plug it again. Most times it works.