Battery says "Not Charging," Charges Anyway

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jimbo89, Jun 6, 2010.

1. jimbo89 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MacBook in April. Now my power adapter shows an orange light and when I plug it in and "not charging" shows in the upper battery bar. After "not charging" disappears, a squiggly line appears inside the battery and the charge increases like normal.

I went to "About This Mac" and it says that my Mac is both connected "yes," and is charging, "yes," yet when i unplug the cord and then plug it back in, it says "not charging" in the upper bar.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

If there were anything I were to suggest, it would be to reset the SMC (System Management Controller). Since you said your macbook was new, go to this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

hope this helps :p

3. etchells macrumors newbie

Ive had this problem with my battery on my macbook, the 1st time it happened was when i unplugged the charger, my macbook turned off, and wouldnt turn on without the charger been plugged in... but still saying not charging, so it was effectively like a desktop computer. I took it to the genius bar and they replaced the battery. Then not long ago it happened again, so i decided to download a battery update off the apple website and it worked! My guess is try download the battery update.