Battery seems worse after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ecwhite4S, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

I apologize if there have been a lot of topics about this, but I can honestly say that my battery drains quicker (even when not in use) then it did before I jailbroke.

Tweaks I have installed:
    Winterboard (not currently using a theme)
    SBSettings
    Few ringtones from Cydia

So basically I don't have a lot, but it's draining anyways. (it's not draining from increased usage)

The other night I accidentally left my phone at work, I had charged it fully before work. When I retrieved my phone the next morning, it had 1 day standby and 19 hours use! And it was just sitting overnight.

Also it used to drain practically 0% overnight with airplane on. Last night, airplane was on and it drained about 7%.

Sometimes I turn data off on SBSettings, could this have anything to do with it?! I'm thinking of restoring and maybe rejailbreaking and starting all over... don't really want to do that, but I am just confused, I wish I knew what was going on so I can avoid it in the future.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I've heard a lot of people say that winterboard is a big battery drainer. I would uninstall it, especially since you're not even using a theme.

Give that a try and see if your battery life is any better.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

not the jb itself, might be just calibration differences which by your story it seems to be the reason.

4. ecwhite4S thread starter macrumors 6502

What do you mean by this?

----------

Thought about this, maybe I'll uninstall Winterboard (since I'm not using a theme right now) and see if it helps.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I mean you might need to do some battery calibration which is why you might have weird read outs and differences in use when not in use.

6. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

I feel that too thinking to start all over too