Battery Settings on MacBook Alum. 13"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hwmbrogden, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hwmbrogden macrumors member

This past Friday I purchased the 13" aluminum MacBook. I am trying to make the battery last as long as I can without getting a new one. I trained the battery the first night by letting it die and putting it on the charger until I got a full charge. I have one question though.

My girlfriend's older PowerBook has battery settings like "optimal battery life" or "better graphics performance". Are these features hidden on my MacBook or are they inaccessible due to the fact that the battery is already 'trained' to know when to use resources, etc.

Can anyone help me out?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They removed these options. You need to tweak everything yourself (like sleep timer, etc.)

You can't change the CPU speed anymore.

3. hwmbrogden thread starter macrumors member

Ahh that's what I thought. Do you guys have any suggestions for a nice balance between battery life and performance?

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Put it to sleep when you're not using it. I use my laptop to read academic papers (among other purposes), so I go fairly long periods without moving the mouse or pressing keys. I have the display sleep set to fairly long and the computer set to never sleep. When I want it to sleep, I close the lid. I don't need it to go to sleep while I'm trying to do other things with it.