Battery Software Glitch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Jun 30, 2009.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Ok - this really isn't about usage. I'm getting what I would consider decent battery drain given what I'm doing during the course of the day. And certainly better than I got the first 24-48 hours of having my first iphone.

But I've noticed (twice) now (got mine on launch day) that after plugging it in at night (I also turn it off while it charges) - I wake up to 100 percent - but the usage/standby meter doesn't reset and my phone sticks on 100 percent. This doesn't happen often - today is the second time in over a week.

Software? Calibration issue?

Should I reset the phone now - or wait until it's either fully charged or fully depleted?

thoughts?

Other than this - my phone operates as it should so I would prefer not to return it if at all possible.

2. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I believe the stand by/usage meter only resets after:

1) Phone is fully charged.

2) Then gets unplugged.

So, are you turning it off while charging, and then unplugging it, and then turning it on?

If so, try turning it on before you unplug it in the AM.

Or, you can do like I do, and just leave it on when I am charging it as it doesn't hurt the batter at all to do so.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Good point. I honestly don't remember the sequence I used to turn it on. I think I unplugged first then turned on.

Going to bed I plugged in, then powered off.

I see now my battery is down to 99 percent. So it is "reporting". I'm not sure it's 100 percent accurate as I got about 30 emails via push within the last 20 minutes and also watched about 15 minutes of video. Usually at this time I'm at 95 percent or thereabouts...