Battery Sound Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by cavez, Feb 11, 2014.

1. cavez macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I've been looking at the forum for quite a while and I finally signed up!

I have a question. Has anyone found a way/third party app to bring back the audio notification for low battery in Mavericks? I think the lack of this feature is probably the most annoying thing about Mavericks. Sometime I leave my laptop on with music while I do other things and the battery runs out without notice and then the log in process is slow and you have to wait for all the windows to open. A small sound like there was in Snow Leopard would be a lifesaver.

Thanks for any suggestions,
    C

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You aren't alone:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/23750646#23750646

Trouble is, I can't think of a way to get it back....It's gone...Maybe someone knows of an app that might give an audible warning? I have to say it doesn't bother me that much, but in certain usage conditions it could. If an app does exist, someone here will know.

3. ETM macrumors newbie

Do you get any notification? I do not get any notification at all, even after my battery icon in the top bar turns red.

4. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

The notification happens when your battery goes down to 6% or 8%, I think. The red battery icon happens at either 10% or 20%.

5. ETM macrumors newbie

Strange, my icon turns red around 8% and I never see a notification, even down to 2%.

6. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Maybe I was wrong, but I know I get a notification way before 2%.

7. ETM macrumors newbie

Yea, there's definitely some sort of bug in mine. Maybe it'll get fixed in an update.

8. cavez thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I do get a notification from the notification center. I get it when the battery turns red but that's kind of random. Sometimes it turns red at 20% and sometimes at 5%. If there is any handy developer out there make an app that solves this issues, I'd buy it!