Battery Speed-down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snverhallen, Aug 28, 2008.

1. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I have a feeling this may be happening to my iPhone. I left it on overnight with full battery, in the morning it still had full battery, but during the day it drained like no other.

Do you think it is plausible that it did drain overnight, it's just the iPhone didn't "realize" till it was being used again?

snverhallen

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes.

Also, make sure you turn off Location Services, as they will drain your battery like no other.

TEG

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I had a full battery all day today, until I rebooted, upon which I saw my true battery life, which was about half, as expected. So, it does seem like the battery meter can be inaccurate at times. Another glorious feature.

4. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

This reminds me of a van I had rented many years ago. I drove it from L.A. to the Bay Area. Just as I was thinking I should be needing gas, I noticed the gas gauge reading about 3/4 of a tank. I tapped the gauge as I pointed it out to my friend and the needle "unstuck" and disappeared from view under the 'E.' I barely made it to the nearest gas station with the engine lurching and sputtering.

5. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I mean can't the iPhone accurately, and correctly show battery depletion in the battery status while it is on standby!?

snverhallen