Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FetalSage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
I know the iPad's battery life is great, but I think mine might be reporting it incorrectly.

I got a replacement yesterday for a dead pixel, the new one seems to always be 100%. I haven't used it a whole lot but it's been almost 24 hours. I do plan on using it for another few days without plugging it in and see what happens.

Anyone else experience this?

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Interesting. I just had mine replaced today for the same reason. Now im noticing that its stuck at 100 percent too. I have been using it for about 20 min now and still 100 percent. I guess I will see if it goes down. I wonder if a restore might fix it.

CJS7070

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Have you calibrated it? Just use it till it dies then charge it all the way up, see if that fixes it. Worth a shot.

FetalSage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Interesting. I just had mine replaced today for the same reason. Now im noticing that its stuck at 100 percent too. I have been using it for about 20 min now and still 100 percent. I guess I will see if it goes down. I wonder if a restore might fix it.

Hah, that's rather interesting. I'm going to play with it (games, books, movies) to see if anything happens. If not I'll probably try a restore. If that doesn't help, I'll just talk to an Apple Genius.

Luckily it's not a huge issue right now.

jlluna

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2010
Holly Michigan
Hello, everyone, this my first post here. Great info here. I had the same problem yesterday. My iPad was stuck at 100%' would not go down, I streamed a movie on netflix for an hour with the same results, still stuck. I called apple and they told me to restore my iPad, but when the restore was done I had to set my iPad as a new iPad, do not restore from back up. It has been 12 hours since that restore and I fully charged it overnight and have been using for a while and now.I am at 90%' so it seems to have worked. I will keep an eye on it and report my result within the next 24 hours. Have a great day!

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
This happens on my iPhone 3g on occasion. If I shut it down and restart then the battery meter "corrects" itself.

Just my observation. Don't have a clue why it happens.

Steve

Reactions: Woolvett

WERA Cannoli

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
I'll add another goofy issue to this thread. I was using my iPad wit the screen brightness set to maximum and after a short while the battery meter was at 78%. I turned the brightness down to half way and over the next few hours it went up to 84%. So after some use it gained power... according to the meter anyway.

Oh well, should all be fixed with the next update. I'm assuming it will be out some time soon in the form of a 3.2.x update.

JimKirk

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2009
Just turn it off and on again

That will get it unstuck.

Happened to me too.

I think the battery meter is messed up.

I get different percentages if I use ipad info also.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I'll add another goofy issue to this thread. I was using my iPad wit the screen brightness set to maximum and after a short while the battery meter was at 78%. I turned the brightness down to half way and over the next few hours it went up to 84%. So after some use it gained power... according to the meter anyway.

Oh well, should all be fixed with the next update. I'm assuming it will be out some time soon in the form of a 3.2.x update.

Another goofy brightness-related issue:

Reduce brightness to minimum and within a short time your wifi will disconnect (particularly when coming out of sleep)

Only way to reconnect is to manually force it through "Settings-->wifi --> chose a network", OR, nudge the brightness up from its minimum setting! (found that solution over at apple.com discussions)

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
I get that on my iPhone. 30-50 minutes use before dropping even 1%.

It could be because the battery accepts a slightly higher charge than its rated capacity, which is common when new.

Therefore, the battery has to use that extra bit of charge plus a bit more before you see any drop in the percentage estimate.

Just my guess.

Reactions: Goatllama

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I get that on my iPhone. 30-50 minutes use before dropping even 1%.

It could be because the battery accepts a slightly higher charge than its rated capacity, which is common when new.

Therefore, the battery has to use that extra bit of charge plus a bit more before you see any drop in the percentage estimate.

Just my guess.

I would also say it is possible that it is just how the battery is reported by the circuitry in the device. All of my apple device stay at 100% for a while before they show less.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
How can you complain for having a forever battery you're so lucky!!

edit- wth I just realized this thread is 7 years old.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.