Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
simple question, my battery is stuck in my unibody macbookpro its the early 2009 one with the removable door, any answers?

cosmos

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Really Stuck?

If your battery is truly stuck, I would recommend not messing with it further. Book a session at the local Genius Bar and let them deal with it.

Better, IMHO to let them determine if there is a problem or not. You do not want to deal with any issues with AppleCare saying that you damaged something that should have been covered under warranty.

I know you MAY in the end be proved an "idiot" overlooking something simple, but letting them determine it could save you in the end.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
idk if it is swollen, it might b but i didnt spill water on it or anything

i did obv open the latch.. im not a noob lol

i lifted the tab and it just doesnt budge like it used to

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
idk if it is swollen, it might b but i didnt spill water on it or anything
You don't have to spill water on the computer or drop it to have a swollen battery. If the battery is defective, it almost certainly happened without anything bad happing to it.

Since it's an Early 2009, I'm assuming it's still under AppleCare. Take it to them and let them figure out what's wrong with it. Better for them to force the battery out then you.

And if the battery is swollen, you'll need to take it to them for a replacement anyway.

Good luck-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.