Battery Symbol on iPod Touch does not change to lightning bolt

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by garrochista, Dec 27, 2010.

1. garrochista macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Earlier today I was charging my jailbroken iPod Touch 3G (MC version), running on iOS 4.1 and it was working fine. Before I disconnected the iPod from the computer, I clicked the "eject" button on iTunes.

When I plugged it again tonight, I was surprised that the normal charging lock-screen (the screen which shows battery charging progress) didn't appear and the battery symbol on the uppermost right corner didn't change to the one with the lightning bolt. iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch, I can still update and transfer songs, etc. and it still shows the battery icon with the lightning bolt on iTunes.

I tried turning it off (power button and all) and restarting the computer but the battery icon on my iPod still doesn't change to the one with the lightning bolt.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks to all in advance.

2. dtblaze macrumors regular

3. Relg3! macrumors regular

Relg3!

I dont neccarily think OP bricked his iPod since it is all still functional.
    Although OP, when you say plugged in what exactly was it plugged into?
    Was it an apple cable? a dock?

4. celticpride678

Can you drain the battery and plug the device into charge? If it accepts charge, then the software just isn't picking up that the battery is being charged. If it doesn't the battery has likely failed (or the logic board).

Restore in iTunes if you want to further troubleshoot.

5. garrochista thread starter macrumors newbie

I used an Apple cable, and yes, it's still fully functional.

The battery is still charging (I can see the battery symbol getting filled up) though I can't see the lightning bolt or the charging lock-screen.

6. garrochista thread starter macrumors newbie

I drained the battery and am charging it now. I can see the battery symbol slowly "filling up" but no lightning bolt.

I'm sorely tempted to restore my device, but that would mean hours of downloading my apps again :(

7. Relg3! macrumors regular

Relg3!

Ouch! Have you spoken to apple?