Battery Test

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by D1G1T4L, Jul 19, 2007.

1. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I posted a thread about how I was very happy with battery life I decided to run it down and track usage numbers.

Well sadly due to work load I haven't had to really use the phone hard but stats so far.

Usage: 6 Hours, 28 Minutes
    Standby: 1 Day, 6 Hours

I still have just under half a charge left. Going to try and pick up my usage a bit and see what happens.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the problem is the term "usage." i could probably get several hours of use listening to music with a lot of standby time and have a lot left over. start using the browser or watch a video, and i'm probably down to a few hours of use with the battery nearly dead. rather than gauging my battery in terms of "usage," i see how long i take to recharge my ipod, which i seem to do every other night. i'm pleasantly surprised.

3. D1G1T4L thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Ohhh I agree it isn't scientific. I'm just trying to use my phone as I would with my past smartphones. To be honest I'm using it harder as I'm watching video podcast on it. Then gaging the times.

My Q would last a work day. It HAD to be charged EVERYNIGHT.
    Treo I might get a day and half with light use.

So far my iPhone is still chugging along.

4. Mike Coscia macrumors member

What where you doning in those 6 hours? Watching movies, listening to music, calls, etc?