Battery themes not working on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DBlockAllDay, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DBlockAllDay macrumors member

Just wondering if anyone has had success installing and using battery themes. I downloaded several and it doesn't work. It's still displays the default icon when charging. On my 3G it works fine tho. Thanks

2. vince24L macrumors member

Same. Photos need to be updated for the retina I guess.

3. enzom21 macrumors 6502

All of the battery images have been renamed, if you rename the images in the theme they should work.

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Yes for the iphone 4 you need to replace all the pngs ending with @2x. Note that because the images are measured in pixel length and the iPhone 4 has 4 times the resolution, any battery image you use will end up taking 1/4th of the normal screen size. You'll need iPhone 4 specific battery pics

5. DBlockAllDay thread starter macrumors member

Excuse my ignorance could you show/tell me step by step

6. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

You cannot install them automatically, you'd have to SSH into the phone and do it by hand. But like I said the battery pictures aren't compatible yet, you'd end up with a tiny battery 1/4th the normal size and not centered.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

if you're talking about changing the batteries the easy way, via a premade solution in Cydia, I haven't been able to get them to work either. None of the little tweaks appear to be working, at least not via Winterboard. I've tried signal meters, wifi meters, batteries...none of it works. It'll download OK from Cydia and will show up in Winterboard and let you check it and drag it wherever you want in the theme hierarchy, but it won't actually apply any changes.

8. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

None of them work for the higher resolution iPhone 4 since all icons and images use a different naming scheme. You'll have to wait for someone to create iPhone 4 specific images and for a winterboard update for the iPhone 4