Battery themes not working on iPhone 4?

DBlockAllDay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Just wondering if anyone has had success installing and using battery themes. I downloaded several and it doesn't work. It's still displays the default icon when charging. On my 3G it works fine tho. Thanks

enzom21

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has had success installing and using battery themes. I downloaded several and it doesn't work. It's still displays the default icon when charging. On my 3G it works fine tho. Thanks
All of the battery images have been renamed, if you rename the images in the theme they should work.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Yes for the iphone 4 you need to replace all the pngs ending with @2x. Note that because the images are measured in pixel length and the iPhone 4 has 4 times the resolution, any battery image you use will end up taking 1/4th of the normal screen size. You'll need iPhone 4 specific battery pics

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Excuse my ignorance could you show/tell me step by step
You cannot install them automatically, you'd have to SSH into the phone and do it by hand. But like I said the battery pictures aren't compatible yet, you'd end up with a tiny battery 1/4th the normal size and not centered.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
if you're talking about changing the batteries the easy way, via a premade solution in Cydia, I haven't been able to get them to work either. None of the little tweaks appear to be working, at least not via Winterboard. I've tried signal meters, wifi meters, batteries...none of it works. It'll download OK from Cydia and will show up in Winterboard and let you check it and drag it wherever you want in the theme hierarchy, but it won't actually apply any changes.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
None of them work for the higher resolution iPhone 4 since all icons and images use a different naming scheme. You'll have to wait for someone to create iPhone 4 specific images and for a winterboard update for the iPhone 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.