Battery thoughts on 2011 MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by meeebee, Jun 11, 2017.

1. meeebee macrumors member

meeebee

I just got a used 2011 11" i7 MBA to go along with my workhorse 2012 MBP. I'm very pleased with the size, especially for traveling and coffee shop use. Probably won't do much xcode stuff on it though.

Cocoanut Battery says that my battery only has 77% charge anymore with 736 cycle counts. My battery lasts maybe 2 hours of internet browsing. Is that normal for that age of battery? How much would a new battery boost that to?

Some specs if needed: i7 1.8ghz, 4G, 256G.

Ideally I'd like to be able to travel for a 3 hour flight plus stopovers, which I know is beyond the length of time that this MBA will last. So I'm looking to eek out every bit I can (minus wifi and bluetooth, with screen display turned down).

Would the larger batteries of the later year models of the MBA fit into the 2011? Anyone hack that?

Just looking for ideas.

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

The 2011 11" Air doesn't have the worlds best battery life. Mine, an i5/2GB model, lasts around four hours of lighting usage with wifi on and the screen around 50%. Mine is at 87% with 378 cycles.

Check eBay for replacement batteries; there should be plenty out there.

3. meeebee thread starter macrumors member

meeebee

Thank you. I've ordered one and I'm hoping that I get a little better life.

4. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

Pretty normal, I have 1200+ cycles on it now and it lasts 1-2 hours on battery with moderate usage.