Battery time very viable update

gersmuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2017
scotland
Hi group, The battery on my 2016 pro with Touch Bar is extremely variable. I would say on average it would last no more than 4 hours. I have turned it on this morning from fully charged. I have attached a screenshot of my activity monitor and iam impressed at how long it has lasted already. Whats the difference this morning ? I doubt this will last

Any input would be appreciated

Attachments

psynnott

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2012
Well according to that screenshot, safari is working quite hard and is having an impact on your battery life.

Are you playing/streaming videos in safari?

leman

macrumors G3
Oct 14, 2008
My guess would be that you are using some programs which unnecessary eat up your battery life. Like all the Adobe stuff. Or that Dr Cleaner... if you are frequency using its so called "memory optimisation" feature, I wouldn't be surprised that you are having battery issues. It invalidates the caches, forcing your system to do extra work to recover.

gersmuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2017
scotland
My guess would be that you are using some programs which unnecessary eat up your battery life. Like all the Adobe stuff. Or that Dr Cleaner... if you are frequency using its so called "memory optimisation" feature, I wouldn't be surprised that you are having battery issues. It invalidates the caches, forcing your system to do extra work to recover.
cheers for that. I have since deleted the dr cleaner and will see how it goes from there