Battery time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Intelligent, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

My computer should have 9 hours of battery time early 13 15" rmbp, 9 hours of doing what?, i get like 3 hours internet browsing

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

download gfxcardstatus. You will see if your dGPU is running (which needs a lot more power).
    Furthermore use clicktoflash, because flash on internet pages drains the battery fast.

In generell battery life depends on the usage.
    Try those two things mentioned and read the support page posted my Gav2k.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

According to this page that nine hours is wireless web browsing. You should be getting way more than three hours unless you are doing nothing but watching Flash videos.

While this is going on, open Activity Monitor and look in the CPU tab (sort by %) and look to see if anything is running amok there chewing up CPU cycles killing your battery.

5. Intelligent thread starter macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Sorry i don't know if its 9 hours seem to be a little less however, not 3 hours. Will try what you said thanks.

6. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

For the early 2013 MBPr 15" it's listed as 7 hours. That number is largely dependent on screen brightness and which programs are loaded upon boot.

I have the same model and on average it indicated 5:10 when I first unplugged from the power source under Mountain Lion. When I switched to Mavericks it decreased by 1 hour. I ran the battery all the way down to zero and recharged. I then enabled graphic switching and I was suddenly over 8 hours. Either way make sure your screen brightness is at the lowest usable setting for your needs. I am maybe 1-2 clicks below halfway.

At the specs below make sure to read footnote #4 for snow explanation on what conditions the 7 hours was obtained.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP669

Battery and Power
    Up to 7 hours wireless web