Battery Timer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tamvly, Feb 24, 2008.

1. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Having just replaced the battery on my MBP (only 74 cycles) I am curious if anyone knows of a battery timer utility.

I'd like a semi-automatic way of keeping track of how long my battery lasts between charges. No, I don't want to keep track by pencil and paper. The logic would be a bit complicated, but it would be great if iStat, for example, could keep track of how long the battery lasted between chargings.

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

There might not be a app to do that, but if there is I'm sure someone will point it out.

What you can do if there isn't a app for it is to create a script that opens/starts a timer/stopwatch app when you are on battery power and then closes/stops when you are not. The only problem I see with this is you probably can't have the time that the computer is sleeping but still using battery added to the total.

3. tamvly thread starter macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Yup, it would be interesting to see how much sleep time was used as well. Something like:

Last recharge: 1/31/2007
    Active time: 2 hrs, 16 min
    Sleep time: 4 hrs, 21 min
    Remaining charge: 29%

An while were at it a little DB of past cycles would be nice, too.

4. Tom71 macrumors regular

Tom71

Found this thread via google. Haven't found this program but would say that it would be cool to have such an app.

5. yustas macrumors regular

This looks pretty good.