Battery/Trackpad Help Please!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by EgerBver, Mar 21, 2014.

1. EgerBver macrumors newbie

Can't get my head around this one, but my old Macbook (early 2009, white) battery was on it's last legs, I couldn't afford a 'real' replacement so I went for one the cheaper ones (don't shoot me, I'm poor) - usually I have no trouble with these.

The weirdness is that I put in the new one, charged it up fully, switched on, and suddenly I have no way to control the cursor or ability to click anything. At one point it was stuck on dragging and wouldn't deselect. I plugged in a mouse, no change. Several restarts. I attempted to adjust trackpad settings but due to the nature of the issue I was having, couldn't select or deselect anything. It'd open a window but not allow me to click anything or to close it and so on.

Eventually I put the old ('replace soon') battery back in and it all went back to normal, which is how I'm able to write this post.

Anyone come across this before? I've seen mention of a swollen battery affecting the trackpad, but that isn't the case here, the battery is new... :confused:

2. Satellitecentra macrumors newbie

i had a similar issue on my 2009 Aluminium , in my case the original battery did swell , making it next to impossible to use the track pad , soon as i replaced it with a new Apple one all went back to normal , check the new battery to double check its exactly the same , i,m willing to bet its a tiny bit taller not being Apple Genuine one and not 100% spec ?

3. Cristian .b macrumors member

isnt the trackpads capacitive? maybe you have the same issues as me with chargers affecting touchscreens, but with your battery affecting the trackpad on your lappy. but did the external mouse behave erratically?