Battery Trouble?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eightiesbaby, Feb 22, 2009.

1. eightiesbaby macrumors newbie

Hello, I recently noticed that my battery percentage increases than decreases a lot and within a short period of time... maybe even a minute.
    1 minute it will say I have 4:17 left, and the next it will be 4:02... then it will go up to 4:22 etc.. etc..

Could there be something wrong with the battery or is it just changing after I do something.. for example.. if I open up Itunes and start listening to music.. it will be lower.. and when i shut it down.. it will go back up again?

Also, I've heard you should calibrate the battery every month or so... but I don't really understand how you do it.

Thanks! :)

2. albion-bh macrumors newbie

yes it's like average miles per gallon. If you go down hill it can go to 200+ miles per gallon . . .but hill soon ends the same if you go up hil - it goes down.

So yes on usage.

Not sure about battery "calibration"

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah, basically that time display on the battery just shows an estimate, based on what you are doing, and based on CPU usage, screen brightness, everything that has a factor in determining battery life...it will fluctuate a lot.