Battery uMBP 17" normal ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MMPascal, May 14, 2009.

1. MMPascal macrumors member

Hey everybody,

I have this machine now around 3 weeks (max. 4 weeks) and when I first got it I calibrated the battery (did it again couple days ago) and it is most the time on power pluged in, sometimes I took it out for a couple min only cause I was running around the house or took it downstairs to the studio. Anyway, this is the info iStats Pro give me:

Battery:
    Health 98%
    Cycles: 6
    Charge: 99%
    Charged

So why it say 98% health already? After I saw it I calibrated again and it went to 100% but only couple hours. And how come it dont charge to 100% anymore?

Pascal

2. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

its just the luck of the draw man. Some people get good batteries some get ok batteries. Mine happens to be one of the good ones but i did use my own style of charging though. For like the first 2 weeks i would use to about 20% left then fully recharge it just to get my cycle count up and excersice the battery. But as of late i leave it plugged in most of the time but atleast once a week i depleate it and fully charge it just to excersice it. Im still at 100% health to. So you should let the battery run down every once in a while and your battery will be ok.

3. MMPascal thread starter macrumors member

ummm now im at health 94% and 7 cycles lol .... i guess i will be over soon.

4. The General macrumors 601

1. Drain your battery completely.
    2. Charge your battery completely.
    3. Don't worry about your battery.
    4. Repeat forever.