Battery Usage Application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CDutch, Jun 29, 2010.

1. CDutch macrumors regular

Is there an app which meters battery usage? I have coconut battery but I'd like to be able to see how what kind of battery life I'm getting.

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Can't you just use the system preferences to put the relevant icon in the menu bar area?

3. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

Because I don't use my computer for 7 straight hours.

4. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

That indicator provides battery time remaining not how much battery power you've used. It's kind of the opposite of what I'm looking for. Thanks though. The iOS software provides this feature and I was curious if there was a Mac application which does something similar.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

[​IMG]

That doesn't work for you?

Saw your post. What about this:

SHOW PERCENTAGE
    [​IMG]

Btw, to quote multiple posts at once, you can use the [​IMG] button.

6. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

Does the battery meter indicate how much usage you've gotten out of a single charge (similar to the usage statistics found in general settings in iOS)? I could be wrong but I don't believe it does.

7. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. That setting indicates the hours and minutes remaining on a single charge. I'm looking for how much I've used on a single charge.

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You want something, that tells you how many minutes or hours of battery usage you got out of one battery charge or up to a certain point (by looking at that meter)?

I don't know such software, but battery usage varies anyway.

PS: You can edit your posts via the [​IMG] button, as successive posts by the same user in short time are not abiding by the forum rules.

Minor Problems
    6. Sequential posts.
    Combine your comments into one post rather than making many consecutive posts to a thread within a short period of time.

9. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I'm looking for. Not looking like it's available though. Thanks for all the responses.