Battery usage at night

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Myerla, May 20, 2015.

1. Myerla macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I'd like to ask a general question. Currently I am rocking an Air 2 Wifi only with the lates iOS 8.3. I have read tons of threads about charging my iPad at night does not affect my battery however I prefer to keep everything unplugged. I always unplug my iPad at 100% before I go to sleep however when I wake up I see 20-40 minutes of usage regardless of I received notifications. Is this normal?

Thanks!

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Probably normal. Do have auto app refresh on? Bluetooth? Email set to fetch frequently? Photo streams? All that stuff is always active per se.

I find that my Air maybe drops a percent or two overnight and that's it. I have most things turned off though.

3. Myerla thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply s2mikey!

I have everything turned off except for Fetch New Data which is set to fetch hourly.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

OK then, sounds like you have the right stuff turned off that you don't need. It really shouldn't use much battery overnight then. Is it still doing it?

5. Myerla thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, unfortunately I am still experiencing 30-40 minutes of battery usage at night.
    Is there a way maybe to clear my battery usage history so I could check which app is responsible for the battery drain?

Thanks!

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

If you go into Settings>General>Usage, you'll see an entry for Battery Usage. Click that and it will break down exactly what apps or services are using what percentage of the battery. Might be helpful to you. :)

7. Myerla thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I have already checked that. :)

My problem is that when I wake up and check the battery usage it shows the last 24h so I can not filter out which app/background activity were running while I was asleep.