Battery Usage Bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevsta26, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

I noticed my phone's battery was lower than usual, so I went to my battery settings and it shows that my usage is the same length of time as my standby... Now I'm pretty sure I have not used my phone for 6 hours straight...

image.png

Am I just understanding this wrong, or should the usage stop when the phone is locked and only be considered standby? I know I've had my phone locked for at least half of that time, so I don't understand why it could be using so much battery or considering me as always using it...

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some app or process is stuck most likely. You might want to close out all apps and then restart the phone to see if that clears it up.

3. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

If that doesn't work, I find resetting all settings helps.

4. macfacts macrumors 68020

macfacts

The "Usage" statistic is not only the time your screen is on. It includes things like music playing while your screen is off, etc. Apple does this to trick people.

5. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1805

Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you’re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email.

Standby: Amount of time iPhone has been powered on since its last full charge, including the time the phone has been asleep.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure what's there to trick.

7. tophericks macrumors newbie