Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Can some one help me with these 2 issues on my 3GS:

I swapped my phone for a new one because I was have battery draining issues. On the new phone, the battery seems to be better. When I got the new phone Wed nite I charged it up overnight. I used it some yesterday and had 94% battery left. Out of curiosity I went into the usage menu and this was displayed:

"Time since last full charge"
Usage -
Stand by -

it shows no time, just a dash in each spot.
That said, the first 3GS phone that had the bad battery displayed those dashes too and had been charged several times.
The new phone has only been charged once since I got it Wed eve, and I am still on the first full charge up.
Why is this - any ideas?

Also: sometimes when receiving a call, the caller ID screen is blank - no slider to answer call - nothing. I have to push the home button so the display will come up. This issue is intermittent. The 3GS phone I returned did the same thing.

My old 3G phone was about as perfect as they come. This new one has some minor issues. I am wondering if it has something to do with setting up the new 3GS phone using restore from 3G? I don't know, just grasping at ideas.

If I had to restore my phone as a new one, the contacts are my big issue. Is there a way to copy the contacts from the iphone to my computer so I don't lose anything? I don't have the same contacts on my computer as I do the iphone. . . . .

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Yeah, seem to be mostly software glitches. Do a full restore.

If you have a Gmail account you can sync you contacts to Google and then just synch them back after you've restored. Just check out the info tab, or whatever its called, in iTunes on your phone and choose with method you want to sync contacts with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.