Battery Usage Drains

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by navigates, Aug 5, 2008.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

Can someone please help. I got two iphones, one for myself and one for my wife. The phone I have gets drained very quickly. I have to charge it twice a day and it still dies. I have a question and am actually curious.

Wife's Phone:
    Time Since Last Charge:
    1 Hour, 21 Minutes
    Standby: 1 Day, 15 Hours
    Call time: Current Period: 24 Minutes
    Lifetime: 24 Minutes
    Charge is about 92-95 % full

My Phone
    Time Since last full charge:
    Usage: 6 hours, 24 Minutes
    Standby: 6 hours, 24 Minutes
    Call Time: Current Period: 11 Hours, 1 Minute
    Lifetime: 11 Hours, 1 Minute

In my phone everything is off, location services, 3g. So how is the usage/standby same. How is call time and lifetime same. .Can someone please help?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I was having similiar problems where Usauge and Standy were close to the same. It actually happen a few times with the v1 iPhone. But not Call Time. I assumed something was running. I power reset my phone and also around the same time install 2.01. Now my Usage is much lower compared to Standby (more normal). I have been testing with shuting on/off 3G and on/off GPS but it still appears to be ok. Will continue testing to see if the 2.01 is really the solution. Really not sure what is the cause of this problem.

I recommend you do the same. POWER RESET, INSTALL NEW BUILD and continue to test.

3. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

You might be right but my confusion is that i have 2 exact phones purchased on the same day. one works, one doesn't. Infact I switched the phones and restored my wife's backup on mine and now she has the battery problem exactly as I had. I did tis just to test.