Battery usage normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silentsal, Jun 29, 2009.

1. silentsal macrumors member

Is this normal for the battery...this is my first iPhone and I wasn't sure if this is what I should expect.

Also this was my battery on a good day, two days ago I had about 4 hours of usage and 5 hours of idle and my phone almost died. Is there a reason why it fluctuates so much? It seems to go from being ok to horrible about every other day.

Attached Files:

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Too broad to say yes or no to a certain point (however it seems normal to me).

What kind of usage would you say came from this screenshot?

3. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

Lets see, I downloaded a few apps, watched a youtube video, played 5 to 10 games including Tap Tap Revenge online, I also showed off to some friends for a while and they tested out some things on it...not exactly sure what. I also texted quite a bit and made some short phone calls and listened to a few songs.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Well if you did all that, then nothing looks too out of the ordinary. A full day's worth of usage is what I have come to expect from the iPhone...although I am getting almost 2 full days total with 5-6 hours of usage. However, I am not playing games, only texting on a daily basis, and a lot of it.

5. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

Well I was thinking that it was pretty normal but those days when I am getting about 9 hours of usage seems rather strange to me.

I forgot to take screen shots before but when/if it does it again I will remember to take one.

6. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

This might be of interest.

I did a "stress test" of sorts on my 3GS. I think it has pretty good battery life.