Battery Usage & Standby Times

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ARK, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

I took my first iPhone 3G (week 30 build) into the genius for light leak and dust under the screen. The new one is a week 34 build and I swear the battery lasts longer on this new phone. I switched off 3G just like I did on my last phone to help conserve power. Before needing charging my phone got to 5 hours and 8 minutes of usage and 3 days, 9 hours of standby. I've never had these times with my first phone.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Must be nice to have the option of switching 3G off. Here in Japan, we can't do that - with my relatively heavy usage, I have to carry a UPB10 external battery with me during the day, as well as an AC adapter. I generally have to charge my iPhone 3G two-three times a day. :(

3. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Not bad.
    I'm getting about 6 hours of usage on my original iPhone. But I couldn't get 3 days of standby. The battery goes flat every day.

4. scho047 macrumors newbie

i recently got mine here in nz... and its build week 34 as well.. and i get something similar to the person who created this post... i am actually trying to use it all up if i can in 2 days so that i will have enough to get through on my 3rd day.. but its great...
    i dont bother to turn my 3g off... just leave it on and use it at work to listen to music for 4 to 5 hours.. and still can get two full days out of it plus more at night to waste it so that i can charge...

its great :)