Battery "usage" status is inaccurate after 5.0.1 update?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by ryanstewart, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ryanstewart macrumors member

Heyo,

I updated to 5.0.1 today, and while I haven't noticed much of a change in battery life (though I'm still able to get through a day, which is all that matters for me), I have noticed that the "usage" status in the settings is really skewed. It shows that I have 10 hours standby on my phone, and almost 6 hours usage - which is definitely not accurate. I'm gonna guess I've actually used my phone for maybe 2.5 hours, and I haven't streamed any music/video/anything that would be using the phone while the screen is off. This wasn't this way before I updated the software.

Is this happening for anyone else? Not really a problem, just thought I'd bring up.

Thanks!
    - Ryan

Attached Files:

2. peto01 macrumors member

you are lucky to have those statistics. :) My statistics just disappeared after rebooting and since then there is just a "-" :)

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

They always do that after a reboot. Charge to 100% and they'll show back up, when you're off the charger.

4. peto01 macrumors member

this phone drives me crazy. I spent all my scholarship and what I've got is just not so good phone.

5. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

I felt that battery status indicator moves very slowly when in 90's and starts moving rapidly as it nears 0. So at first I thought that the standby had increased as the phone just lost 1-2% over night from 100%. But the total standby time at the end was just the same as before.

6. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

I kind of get the feeling they didn't actually fix anything, just changed the way the battery charge level is reported...