Battery Usage With no answers!!! Help please

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by gio2369, Jan 21, 2015.

1. gio2369 macrumors newbie

So, my battery usage continues to climb even when my iPhone 6 isn't in use. I've tried restores, turning off location, erased all apps. Not sure, it only does it sometimes as well. My wife has a iPhone 6 and hers doesn't do this so I'm so confused. AppleCare also has no idea. Hoping somebody can help.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage Which app is consuming the power?

3. gio2369 thread starter macrumors newbie

Battery usage doesn't show what it's using when the phone is locked.

4. Command macrumors regular

Command

I would turn off LTE for a day or two and see how that affects it. I can get LTE but it's always low signal. Low signal drains the battery fast, regardless. I get a decent 4G with LTE off and that is more than good enough, considering.

Settings, Cellular - turn off LTE.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It climbs up constantly? Or just a little bit here and there?

----------

Why not? If it's some app using the battery it will show up there no matter when the battery is being used up.

6. gio2369 thread starter macrumors newbie

Climbs a lot I think. For example, every morning I unplug my phone at 530. I don't touch my phone until I get to work around 6 and I already have 20 minutes usage. But how if I haven't woken my phone up?? And how can I check usage if it shows from only the last 24 hours? It's not like the battery usage resets every morning....

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can see if the usage percentage of some app goes up without you having used it much or at all.

As for some usage while the phone is not used, that's not unusual as there are services that work in the background getting mail, performing some other sync operations, etc. of course tyoically that's not much usage. 20 minutes in half an hour seems like a bit much in that respect. It can depend on what accounts you have set up, if you have background refresh enabled, and some other similar thugs of that nature.

8. gio2369 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'm stumped because I only have email set to fetch hourly. All background refresh is off and close my apps. Hard to figure out why usage goes up when its not in use.

9. Command macrumors regular

Command

Set mail to manual. You don't read it unless you're in there, right?

At least for me... such as - I have 7 accounts set up. I mainly read my mail on a desktop. So, if it were set to push/fetch, it would check periodically, download messages, check later and mark them read or trash them, depending on what I did on the desktop. All without me even looking at the phone. Yet, with them set manually, when I open Mail on the phone, it updates briefly and it's all set and synced.
    The need is different for everyone, I'm sure.

10. gio2369 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just set my mail to manual! Hopefully this cures the problem