Battery Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shah1, Dec 5, 2010.

1. shah1 macrumors member

Hi,

Well after updating to 4.2 I have noticed that after using my phone from a full charge, I end up having around 70% remaining at the end of the day. However, the following day after being on standby the whole night, my phone is running very low, on maybe 6% or even going completely dead. Now previously a full charge would quite easily last me 2 full days before charging the phone! What is going on? The iphone 4 is only 6 months old!!

2. fortunecookie macrumors regular

fortunecookie

Whats the latest app you installed after or before updating to the new ios? Maybe it has something to do with your battery problem.

3. draz macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Are you jailbroken? Do you have Open SSH installed? Did you change your device root password?

4. anetoiu macrumors member

anetoiu

I don't think it is from the new iOS. It happened to me too but just for a few days.

In my case, the problem was that my phone was barely reaching any signal so during the night, it was connecting and disconnecting over and over again so that drained my battery out. Try to put it on the airplane mode and see if this problem still persists.

You might say that you have enough signal in your area, I do have signal too but it still happened. As I said, after a few days it stopped doing that.

5. TimSS macrumors member

Ok, I'll bite; what's having Open SSH installed, or changing/not changing root password have to do with battery usage?

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

One of your apps is probably just not playing well with the new update.

7. fortunecookie macrumors regular

fortunecookie

Or you can try doing 3 deep cycle charge on your phone. It did wonders to my battery life.

8. draz macrumors 6502a

Because if you have Open SSH installed and left on and didn't change your device root password, I can easily log into your phone from my computer at home and place a virus in there. All without you ever knowing that I was logged in, and if I wanted to I can easily steal some of your device information and confidential files. OpenSSH is like a backdoor to your phone.

The virus will quickly drain your battery while you sit there wondering what is wrong with your phone. Search up the ikee virus and poc-bbot process and check out the results.