Battery Usage

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Celibrium, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Celibrium, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014

Celibrium macrumors newbie

Is it normal for my Home & Lock Screen to be taking up an average of 20% of my battery usage? It seems to be on the high end after looking at the battery stats of others. I use whatsapp the most, and its consuming only 20-23% of my battery. My home/lock screen is already consuming 20ish. How do I make my home/lock screen consume less battery? I am only getting an average of 7 hours on my battery life, is there any way i can improve this before I try doing a restore.

- Brightness is already pretty dim
    - Background app refresh is only on for WhatsApp
    - Reduce Motion is turned on
    - Using WiFi most of the time, with cellular turned off

ios 8.1 here, iphone 6 64gb.

Thanks.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If you don't want your home screen to use battery turn off all notifications that make your screen turn on and don't use your phone. In other words that's normal and don't obsess over it.

3. Celibrium thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol, the battery my home&lock screen is consuming is a whopping 20ish percent, as compared to most other users ive noticed who average 10%. That's like double. Are you telling me that those users don't use their phones? My question is just about if there's any way or any thing in particular i can do to save the battery consumption on that.