battery useage and reception lost?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by white4s, Feb 20, 2012.

1. white4s macrumors 65816

quick question. would a case that decreases reception use up the battery more than normal? like it's trying to make up for the difference since the reception being brought in is less than what it's putting out

i've noticed since getting the glidecase that my usage has dropped to barely 4 hours when before the case was 6 hours useage. thanks

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Unless it's constantly searching for service if you're in a low service area, then no, it won't shouldn't use extra battery. Don't be so concerned about usage, it just means how long you've used the phone since the last full charge.

3. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

i know but it's too much of a coincidence that when i lose slight reception i lose 2 hours of battery per charge as well

4. bp1000 macrumors 65816

The lower the signal the more power the phone needs to use to maintain the signal. So yes, you will see slightly less battery life when the signal is low.

5. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

6. SKTHEPREZ macrumors member

Hmmm.....

Actually been working with these things years and couldn't answer... Good question.

7. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

yea i mean day one i noticed a lot shorter life then i started to think about it. it sucks since it already had bad battery life but the case looks dope so **** it