Battery warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ClemTiger0408, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

I was just wondering what the standard warranty is for the MBP battery? I have a 3-year AppleCare, but I know the battery isn't covered.

Using iStat Pro, my battery health is 56%. On a full charge, the battery lasts 1 hour 45 minutes. This isn't bad compared to some of my PC friends whose last less than 1 hour, but is far worse than the 4 hours I was getting when the laptop was new.

I know about calibrating. I've done it at least once a month (usually twice) since I purchased the MBP.

I bought it in August '07.

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If i were you.. I'd take the MBP and the battery to a AppleStore, they will swap it out for you due to it's poor performance. I brought mine around Aug '07 and just last week i had my cell changed. They tell me, the battery is covered for 12 months, however i'm not sure what happens if you have AppleCare.

3. taiji80 macrumors newbie

I just had my battery replaced...
    Call applecare they will ask for the full charge capacity and cycle count.
    if it is in really bad shape like mine was, they will replace it.
    it was delivered in 2 days.

4. f1 macrumors 6502

The battery and power adaptor that comes with your computer is only covered for one year regardless of whether you have Applecare or not as they are considered consumables. If you're lucky to get a nice Genius at the Apple Store or a nice Applecare rep on the phone there is still a good chance they would replace it for you after a year.

5. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

your battery should not be like that. thats a bad battery. get it replaced.

also any one know the answer to this..

if you get your battery replaced..does it start the 12 month battery replacement time frame over again.

like if i got my battery replaced on month 11..does that mean my new battery only is covered for one month?

thanks